These quarterly conferences are always immensely impactful, but this one was heart rending for our team in particular. Heart rending, but deeply convicting and often mind blowing too.
I have to begin with Mike & Linette Parr, a set of local PA leaders (Not ours, but they serve our Allentown community often, along with the other PA leaders, on a rotating basis at our weekly Tuesday opens and monthly seminars as hosts). He has stepped up to the plate during this prelaunch, (now greenlit launch), season. He posesses a deeper sense of conviction and faith, because the good Lord seems to be pointing Life toward the fulfillment of its mission: changing a million people’s lives.
Gleanings from Mr. Parr:
- We were made for greatness. We were created in the image of God!
- So often, we don’t have the courage to dream. But God wants us to know that He’s in control and He wants us to capture the dreams, the life, that He envisioned for us from the foundations of the world. (Jer. 29:11.)
Mike also spoke of nailing your past, your sins, your regrets, your pain, to the cross of Christ, and then leaving them there, moving hopefully, joyously, gratefully, forward–grabbing expectantly and enthusisastically to the future He has planned. God knows what He’s doing, folks. Let go and trust Him. I have been, am, and am happier than I’ve been in a very long time. Years. He led us to these leaders, this beautiful community, this family. And I am ever grateful.
Dean is the leader of Team Explosion, but technically we are under his son Zach’s direct leadership. Splitting hairs to me, really; few peoole in my life have captured my mind and convicted me, convinced me, to grow myself as he has. A true servant leader, intelligent as all get-out. Here’s some take aways from two amazing talks he gave.
- The beginning, the impetus, of growing communities is growing yourself.
- Stretch yourself for your team, or any person you love. The example he gave was going to sporting events where he didn’t necessarily enjoy the team(s). Well, why go? Because he loves the person who invited him. They can bond here.
- If you want to impress people, tell them about your successes. If you want to impact people, tell them about your struggles.
- Self image is self imagination–how you imagine yourself. How you see yourself.
- Don’t fall prey to your own excuses.
- Faith doesn’t make life easier; it makes you stronger!
- I don’t want to be remembered for myself. I want to imbue self belief into people.
Why this weekend was so significant was because of this family, the Frey family. Dean’s lovely, hilarious, kind, and akin to her husband, a servant, wife, Teresa, was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer about two weeks ago. They , the family and doctors, are optimistic . She is in CA presently, awaiting the beginning of an agresssive treatment regimen in a few days in Mexico. She will be receivimg these daily for a month. We were so grateful and honored that Dean remained in Massachusetts to deliver his talks as professionally and eloquently as ever. I daresay the last talk he gave, aptly titled No Surrender, was quite likely the best one I’ve ever heard him deliver. Talk about dedication to his profession, and our Explosion family!! Awe inspiring, to say the least.
They are devout Christ followers, so they have no fear right now, only trust and heaps of faith that God will perform a miracle. Join me in prayer for Dean and obviously, especially, Teresa Frey this week. Also their children, Zach, Lexi, Levi, and Haley. I will do my best to keep the page updated when the team hears news.
Now, some more snippets from the weekend.
- Each year you don’t reach your goal is one less year you’ll have it.
- If you’re not getting the results you want, you either aren’t doing the right thing(s), or perhaps not doing anything.
- Everyone, everything, adheres to a system. Either you are the system, or you’re leveraging one.
Orrin & Laurie Woodward
- If you don’t get what you want out of life, either you didn’t really want it, or you dickered over the price. You wouldn’t pay it.
- If your daily activities are not changing your life, leading you to the life you’ve always wanted, it’s time to change your routine!
- Servant leaders have disciplined emotions.
- Pause. Pray. Ponder. Proceed. Follow these steps when someone wrongs you or says stupid.
- The size of the leader is determined by the size of the battles they face without losing focus.
I will end with Greg & Lynn Johnson, also PA leaders. There are others I left out, but I may (quite likely) add them to my next post.
Greg & Lynn Johnson
- Read, listen, and associate all the time. If you stop, your growth will stagnate. (I will talk more about this in my next post as well.)
- Give me a lever and a stable place to stand and I can move the Earth. Leverage is everything.
- Would God send Jesus to die to not answer our prayers? (Max Lucado)
- Do not quit. The answer to your prayers, your new beginning, is right around the corner.
- Our ability to dream, to behold a vision, is holy. God given.
Leverage is edification, promotion. In LIFE, we consistently leverage our system (RLA with our materials and rec. ones) to foster success. As I said, more on that next time.
In closing, dont forget to add Dean & Teresa Frey, their family, and her medical team to your prayers. They will appreciate it, and so will our team. Thanks so much– and thanks for stopping by! Be blessed, one and all!!